Comfort & Care Under One Woof
Whether you are planning a vacation or find yourself handling an emergency, you can consider our beautiful new facility a comfortable and safe haven for your pet. At Southborough Veterinary Hospital, we want to help put your mind at ease.
We also offer daycare services for established and active patients. Additional services may be requested and kennel staff will do their best to honor this request.
We're experiencing a high volume of boarding requests, especially during holidays and school vacations. A kennel attendant will review and reach out to you asap to approve or deny the request.
We kindly request that all pet owners review our guidelines before bringing their animals to our facility.
Days Offered: Monday-Friday.
Drop-off times: You can drop off your pet between 8:30 am - 10 am and pick-up times are any time before 5 pm.
Day Care Price: $31.75/day
Note: There is no overnight staff. However, kennel staff make sure to check all animals before leaving at night, and check them all first thing in the morning.
Accommodation for Dogs
Boarding locations include a large suite, a small suite, an XL cage, and a medical cage.
- Large Dog Suite (1 Dog over 50lbs): $63.75 (per day)
Additional Large Dog: $36.25 (per day)
- Small Dog Suite (1 Dog under 50lbs): $53.75 (per day)
Additional Small Dog: $21.25 (per day)
- Canine Cage: $51 (per day)
- Regular Bath: $46.75
- Nail Trim: $19.75
- Furminator Bath: $45 (under 25lbs), $65 (26-50lbs), $86.25 (51-85lbs), $99.50 (over 85lbs)
- Daily Kong Time: $5.25
- Brushing Session: $12.50
- Medication/Treatment Administration Fee: $6 (per day)
- Biohazard disposable fee insulin syringes: $5 (per day)
- Special Diet Preparation: $12.50 (per day)
- Holiday surcharge: $6.50
Please call the office to set up a time to tour the kennel with a kennel attendant. We no longer allow clients to show up and ask for a tour, they must schedule ahead of time.
FAQs About Pet Boarding
We're serious animal lovers, and our whole team enjoys giving our boarders all the attention and care they deserve while they're staying with us.
Read our FAQs for answers to our most frequently asked questions about pet boarding at Southborough Veterinary Hospital.
If you have further questions about boarding, please feel free to contact us!
What accommodations and amenities do you have for dogs?
We've got everything your pet needs for a fun, recuperative, and safe stay, including the following accommodations and amenities:
- Dogs are typically fed at 7 am and 3 pm. Additional feeding times can always be honored.
- You may provide your own food or use our high-quality AAFCO food for no additional cost (Royal Canin: Gastrointestinal Low-Fat dry food, I/D: Digestive Care pate or chicken stew, or W/D: Multi-benefit pate or chicken stew) -- include this specific info
Any other opened prescription diets will be added to your bill.
- Water is freshened twice daily.
- Dogs are let outside at 7 am, 10 am, 3 pm, and 5 pm.
- Individually monitored by kennel staff while outside.
- Go outside for 5-15 minutes depending on the volume of dogs, weather conditions, dogs' preference, etc.
- Additional services include a regular bath, furminator bath, nail trim, daily kong time, brushing session, and anal gland expressions (upon request)
- Canine large suite: (W) 5 ft 6 in x 4ft 10 in. x (L) 6ft 5in x (H) 6ft 5in
- Canine large family suite: includes two large suites, conjoined by a guillotine door that has the option to separate
- Canine small suite: (W) 5ft x (L) 3ft x (H) 6ft 5 in
- Canine small family suite: includes two small suites, conjoined by a guillotine door that has the option to separate
- Canine large cage: (W) 2 ft 4 in x (L) 3ft 5 in x (H) 2 ft 4 in--
Is there a limit to the number of pets I can board at a time?
We have a large facility and can accommodate several animals at once, provided you give us sufficient notice.
How much does pet boarding cost?
Boarding fees vary based on the duration of the stay, the size of the pet, and special medical requirements. That said, our pricing is affordable and competitive, and we welcome you to contact us for a quote.
What time should I drop off and pick up my pet?
- Monday-Friday: 8:30-5:00
- Saturday: 8:30-12:00
- Sunday (pick up only): 8:30-9:30 AM or 4:30-5:30 PM
What should I pack for my pet?
Food: We provide food for pets staying with us. However, please feel free to bring enough of your pet's regular food to last the duration of the stay.
Medication: If your pet takes any medication, bring it along for our staff to administer.
Note: Sometimes bringing a piece of clothing that the owner wore recently can help some boarders feel a little more at home
- What if my pet needs to take medication?
- Can I get updates about my pet during their stay?
How should I prepare for my pet's stay?
Each animal is different. To prepare for your pet's stay with us, we'll take the following steps to ensure that we can meet their unique needs.
Step 1: Contact us to get started
Call us to book, and to discuss details about your pet and your boarding needs. A member of our team will be happy to coordinate your booking.
Please note that pets must be up to date with all vaccinations and free of fleas and ticks to stay at our facility.
Step 2: Book a trial stay
We want to be sure that we are a good fit for your pet before an extended stay. The trial stay consists of a full day of daycare where we can take the time to assess your pet's temperament and make sure they fit in with the pack.
Step 3: Set your pet up for success
On the day you drop your pet off with us, there are a few steps you can take to help reduce any stress your pet may feel.
Spend some extra time with your pet beforehand, and make sure they get some vigorous exercise so that they are feeling calm. When you arrive at our facility, stay calm, cheerful, and confident during the separation.
What do you feed animals that don't have their own food?
- For Dogs: We feed AAFCO food for no additional cost. (Royal Canin: Gastrointestinal Low-Fat dry food, I/D: Digestive Care pate or chicken stew, or W/D: Multi-benefit pate or chicken stew)
- For Cats: We feed our high-quality AAFCO food for no additional cost. (Hills: I/D Digestive Care dry food, Fancy Feast wet food, or I/D Digestive Care chicken stew or pate)
We cannot accept pets that are not vaccinated. If there has been an overlap in vaccinations due, we recommend making a vaccination appointment with one of our doctors at least two weeks before your visit.
This will minimize stress on your pet during check-in day. If this is not possible, we can vaccinate upon your arrival.
Dog Vaccination Requirements: DHPP, Rabies & negative up-to-date fecal (not older than 1 Year)