24/7 Pet Emergency Referrals
If you require emergency assistance for your pet, please reach out to any of the 7 veterinary emergency clinics listed below.
Steps to Take In a Pet Emergency
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead - We do not offer any emergency care for current clients during our regular business hours. Please check the 24/7 emergency clinics available in the MetroWest region.
- Follow Instructions Provided - You may be provided instructions to help you apply first aid or make your animal companion as comfortable as possible. Make sure you follow these instructions as carefully as possible.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain, they can have an unpredictable reaction towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch. Do not put yourself at risk! If instructed to do so, safely bring your pet to the nearest emergency vet clinic.
Animal Emergency Care FAQs
Read through some of the most frequently asked questions below in order to learn more about bringing your pet into an emergency clinic for care.
- Do I need to call ahead?
Southborough Veterinary Hospital does not provide emergency and urgent veterinary care, but you can refer yourself to one of the 7 emergency clinics in MetroWest. MA.
It is always best to call the emergency vet ahead of arrival if your pet is experiencing an emergency. While this may not be possible in every situation, it allows the team to be prepared for your pet's case before you reach the clinic.
- What if my pet has ingested poison?
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
An emergency veterinary center is similar to a human ER—it can be unpredictable and you may have to wait.
They may not be able to predict what cases they will see and when they will arrive. If possible, call ahead to find out whether they are able to provide emergency care for your pet.