Quiet & Comfortable Exotic Pet Boarding
We invite your exotic pets to stay with us while you are away. We have a quiet, sunlit room for them to enjoy. Exotics are typically fed at 8 am and 4 pm. Additional feeding times can always be honored.
You may provide your food or use our high-quality AAFCO food for no additional cost. Fruits/vegetables are also provided at an additional cost.
Please contact one of our staff members to discuss the details (including diet) of caring for your exotic pet in our facility.
We're experiencing a high volume of boarding requests, especially during holidays and school vacations. A kennel attendant will review and reach out to you asap to approve or deny the request.
We kindly request that all pet owners review our guidelines before bringing their animals to our facility.
- Nail trim: $19.75 (per session)
- Brushing session: $12.50 (per session)
- Daily medication/Treatment: $6 (per day)
- Special diet preparation: $12.50 (per day)
- Holiday surcharge: $6.50 (per day)
Accommodation for Rabbits
Exotic cage, exercise pen, or feline playroom (upon owner request)
Exotic Boarding: $34.50 (per day)
Biohazard Waste Disposable Fee: $5 (per day)
We cannot accept pets that are not vaccinated. If there has been an overlap in vaccinations due, we recommend making a vaccination appointment with one of our doctors at least two weeks before your visit.
This will minimize stress on your pet during check-in day. If this is not possible, we can vaccinate upon your arrival.
Exotic Vaccination Requirements: An up-to-date annual test (not older than 1 Year)
FAQs About Pet Boarding
Read our FAQs for answers to our most frequently asked questions about pet boarding at Southborough Veterinary Hospital.
If you have further questions about boarding, please feel free to contact us!
What accommodations and amenities do you have for exotics?
We've got everything your pet needs for a fun, recuperative, and safe stay, including the following accommodations and amenities:
- Water is always provided in a bowl and water bottle. Water is freshened twice daily
- Litter boxes (filled with soft bedding) are changed twice daily to monitor bathroom outputs
- Litter boxes and soft bedding are provided for no additional cost
- Exotic cage, exercise pen, or feline playroom (upon owner request)
- Exotic cage: (W) 1 ft 5 in x (L) 3 ft 6in x (H) 1 ft 8 in
- Exotic ex-pen: (H) 48 in
- Feline playroom (for exotic): (W) 4 ft 8 in x (L) 11ft 2 in
Is there a limit to the number of pets I can board at a time?
We have a large facility and can accommodate several animals at once, provided you give us sufficient notice.
we can board up to 3 exotic animals in the same family.
- How much does pet boarding cost?
- What time should I drop off and pick up my pet?
What should I pack for my pet?
Food: if using specific pellets, greens, or hay please bring own. Otherwise, feel free to use what we have, greens can be provided for an additional charge
Toys: if they have any enrichment toys for exotics to stay busy with, this is often helpful
- What if my pet needs to take medication?
- Can I get updates about my pet during their stay?
- How should I prepare for my pet's stay?
- What do you feed animals that don't have their own food?